My weekdays have gotten to be very overwhelming. I leave the house early, sometimes before the sun comes up (which should be considered a crime) and return home at a somewhat decent time, but the events of the day leave me so drained and exhausted. The last thing I want to do when I get home is cook – but I guess I have to.
Monday is my connect-the-dots day. It’s when I try to remember what I did on Friday and combine that with what happened in my absence over the weekend. It always amazes me, but a lot can happen in 2 ½ days. Seriously, I was out last Friday and just learned today that my office is moving, there were a couple of new hires, and all of last Thursday’s decisions were negated. Wow! How do things move that quickly?
I think that is what keeps me frazzled 75% of the day. Change is constant. What an oxymoron! But really, change never stops and it can be overwhelming and hard to keep up. I like being busy as much as the next person, but sometimes I need to stop and catch my breath.
Do Mondays leave you singing the blues too?
My easy, go-to Monday meal is so simple and tasty that you will find yourself making it again and again.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat a large baking dish with olive oil
- Add 6-8 chicken legs and season (I use garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper)
- Bake for 30 minutes
- While chicken is cooking, quarter 4-6 (pre-cooked) beets mix together with ½ bag of baby carrots and a ½ bag of baby potatoes
- Remove pan from oven and turn chicken
- Add vegetables and season
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 more minutes
So simple, so good, and so perfect for a Monday.