DISCLOSURE: This post was sponsored by Hello Healthy Box. Links are not affiliate and I will not receive a commission for any items purchased from hellohealthybox.com. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Diary of a Snacker successful. All opinions are my own.
Let me just say this – I never knew what a challenge it would be to work in an office full time and still eat clean, keep fit, and be active. Every time I turn around there is an office party – someone retiring, getting married, having a baby, celebrating a birthday. We also have food for every holiday – even those unofficial ones like National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. And don’t get me started on those vending machines. Twix ice cream bars? Yes, please! Actually, make it two.
All of those little calories we think nothing of – a few pieces of candy here, a slice of cake there – add up. Before you know it, you’ve got that little 9-5 belly.
That’s where Hello Healthy Box comes in. I can’t say enough positive things about this company and program! It’s solved the “I don’t have time” problem of many a working woman. The box provides you with 4 grab-and-go meals to eat during the workday, taking the guesswork out of meal prep. There’s no tracking or calorie counting. Just add your own dinner, some veggies, and drink plenty of water throughout the day. It’s that simple.
Each new customer will purchase a starter pack, a 2-week initial supply of food for $198.00 + state tax & ground shipping to your location. Thereafter, you can order in weekly increments. The 2-week supply gets you 56 foods for about $14 per day. Not bad, considering a morning coffee alone will set you back about $5.
Each day is pretty simple:
- Choose 4 packaged foods, spaced throughout the workday
- Add 2 cups of veggies at lunch
- Eat a 4 oz serving of protein and 2 cups of veggies for dinner
- Drink at least 64 oz of water
Helpful Things to Know
- This IS a diet program. If you follow it as recommended, you can lose 1-3 pounds a week.
- There are a lot of restrictions for the weight loss phase – no sugar, starchy veggies, grains, wine, processed foods, etc. It’s in line with keto.
- The program is designed to help you control 80% of your daily food choices.
- Soups, meals, drinks, etc. come powdered. For some reason, I wasn’t expecting this, but everything is very portable and easy to prepare with just water.
- You can still eat out and make healthy choices (salad w/ chicken, steak & steamed veggies, etc).
- Feeling tired and achy at the start is normal because our bodies are so used to being fueled by a sugar rush at all hours of the day.
- To ensure you’re seeing results, I’d recommend weighing weekly.
- Always, always consult your doctor to make sure a new diet is safe for you. Meals are high protein, low carb, and low sugar, which could be a shock to your body if you’re not used to them.
This program is for you if you:
- work in an office setting
- have a busy schedule
- don’t have (or don’t care to) meal prep
- have poor eating habits
- need something quick to grab on the go
- want to get healthy but just don’t know where to start
Things I Loved
No program is perfect. And I’m sure there will be things I loved that others won’t and vice versa. I’m a pretty picky eater, so I wasn’t a fan of some of the foods. But this is actually built into the plan. The company knows that everyone won’t love everything. In fact, they even mention that customers will usually find 6-10 foods they love and repeat them for the weight loss phase of the program. Fortunately, I was able to find more than 10 things I was happy to eat more than once.
Below are a few other things I really loved:
- The Welcome Guide is a really helpful blueprint for success with the program. I used it as a quick reference whenever I needed a refresher.
- I saw a weight reduction right away; I was down 3 lbs in the first 4 days.
- There’s a great variety. A lot of the food choices were super yummy and easy for me to grab a bar on-the-go or sip soup out of a mug in a meeting.
- The high-protein / high-fiber foods and eating schedule kept me full between meals.
- If you’re not crazy about some of the meals, you can swap them.
- If you’re not satisfied, there’s a 100% Money Back Guarantee (less shipping) within 15 days of purchase.
Things I Wasn’t Crazy About:
Anytime I write a review, it’s important that I share the truth with my readers so you won’t be swayed into trying something without all the facts. One of the toughest things for me was skipping my meal prep. By now you all know that I get a little crazy with Sunday Prep, even going so far as to plan everything out in Excel. It just works for my Type A personality.
Below are a few more things that I wasn’t 100% crazy about:
- Most items don’t have ingredients or nutritional facts on the package, but they are available online.
- Carrots are not allowed (starchy veggie). They are such an easy and versatile veggie and one of my favorites.
- I missed adding a mashed banana (fruit not allowed) to my morning oatmeal.
- I like sweetening my foods with natural sugars like honey, maple syrup, and dates, but only artificial sweeteners are allowed.
Halfway into week two, I was seeing great results and decided to extend the program another week. It was just too easy to pack my food for the day. During this time, I was “forced” to drink more water, eat more veggies, and resist the urge to grab unhealthy foods during the day. This was definitely helpful because it made me try new spices to flavor veggies, practice more self-control around some of my favorite foods, and gain a new appreciation for healthy dinners. I even bypassed cupcakes and apple cider doughnuts at the office (one of my favorite fall treats!).
I was able to pinpoint a few veggies that don’t love me (cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower), and I decided to remain decided to eat low carb, and high protein, fat, and veggie after the 21 days.
Overall, I lost 8.2 lbs during the 3 weeks of using Hello Healthy Box and working out 6 days a week. In addition, my energy levels are remaining high throughout the day and I’ve received so many comments about my clear and glowing skin!
Bottom Line: The program really works if you follow it. It takes the guesswork out of what to eat during the workday and just makes life easier. I would recommend Hello Healthy Box to anyone who has been struggling with their weight and falls into one of the above categories. This may just be the answer you were looking for – it was for me!
Bonus: Use code Snacker25 to get $25 off your first box!!